Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Our First Computer

I remember the time distinctly, it was winter and the weather was super dry. My uncle and oldest cousin had gone to the 'Bazaar' to get something very expensive. My brother was the one to tell me when they first brought the computer in the house. They placed the computer in the guest room, the only room that was vacant and was not a matter of contention between my cousins.
Image result for old desktop computers
This is exactly how it looked! 
I was fascinated by it, so was everyone else in my family. I mean, we had seen computers on television before, but owning one was a completely different story. It was definitely considered a luxury, one of our most prized possessions. Because working on a computer was such a new concept in our family, every one of us wanted to use the computer. However, not everyone could be on the computer at all times, so we created a schedule.

My turn was every Tuesdays and Thursdays for an hour in the evenings. I had to share it with one of my cousins though. Weekends were specifically for my oldest cousin. I am not sure what he did on the computer but because he was a college student then, we really didn't question anything. I vaguely remember him spending a lot of time on some sort of chat. It must have been Yahoo! Chat or something, because it sure seemed like a lot of fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment